Education, Training and Work Experience:
– Graduation from Medical School of Porto University in September 1996. Portuguese Medical Association member no. 36562.
– General Medicine Residency accomplished at S. João Hospital (Porto) and Tap Seac Primary Health Care Unit (Macau, China). January 1997 to December 1998.
– Residency in Orthopaedics and Traumatology at Sto. António Hospital, in Porto, Portugal, accomplished in 2006 with Final Exam evaluation mark of 19.7/20.
– Orthopaedic Surgeon at Porto Military Hospital and Póvoa de Varzim / Vila do Conde Hospital (for shoulder and elbow pathologies) since 2006.
– Consultancy in Orthopedics for Shoulder pathologies at Tranquilidade Seguros (major Insurance Company) – Porto – 2016.
– Lieutenant Colonel and Clinical Director of the Orthopaedic Surgery Department of the Armed Forces Hospital in Porto since January 2015.
– Private practice at Hospital CUF Porto until 7/2017.
– Private practice at Hospital da Luz Arrábida, Porto and Póvoa since 8/2017.
– Board Member of ESA-ESSKA.
Extra-curricular training and fellowships:
-Clinical fellowship at the Surgery II Dept. of the University Hospital of Debrecen, Hungary, under exchange programme promoted by IFMSA (International Federation of Medical Students’ Associations). August 4-22, 1994.
-Clinical fellowship at the Surgery Dept of the Academisch Medisch Centrum in Amsterdam, Holland, under exchange programme promoted by ERASMUS (1st Medical student from Porto University to benefit from this programme). September 1 to November 30, 1994.
-Clinical fellowship at the Surgery Dept. of the University Hospital of Cadiz, Spain, under exchange programme promoted by IFMSA
-Clinical fellowship at the Orthopaedics Dept. of Hôpital Tenon, Paris, France. Scholarship grant from LNETI (Portugal). October 1-31, 1996.
-Clinical fellowship in the Orthopaedics Dept. of the University Hospital of Glostrup, Copenhagen, Denmark, under exchange programme promoted by IFMSA. November 1-30, 1996.
-Masters graduation in Sports Medicine by Faculty of Medicine of Porto University in 2001. Classification 17/20.
-Clinical fellowship at the Orthopaedics Dept of Hôpital Ambroise Paré, Boulogne – Paris, France, with Pr. Philippe Hardy. March 1 to May 31, 2003.
-Non Article 5 NATO Medal for service with NATO in relation to the Balkans Operation during the period from Jan 21 to April 19, 2004, integrated in Multinational Brigade (North) as Portuguese Battalion Doctor in Bosnia-Herzegovina.
-Clinical fellowship at the Orthopaedics Dept of Instituto Universitario Dexeus, Barcelona, Spain, with Pr. J-M Vilarrubias and Dr. Marlet Naranjo (shoulder Unit). November 1st to 12th, 2005.
-Clinical fellowship at the Orthopaedics Dept of Clinique Sainte Thérèse, Colmar, France, with Dr. Pascal Gleyze. November 14th to December 7th, 2005. Scholarship grant from SOFCOT (Société Française d’Orthopédie et Traumatologie).
-Clinical fellowship at the Orthopaedics Dept of Clinique Jouvenet, Paris, France, with Pr. D. Gazielly, Dr. Ph. Sauzieres, Dr. Ph. Valenti and Dr. Ch. Dumontier. August 29th to September 22th, 2006. Scholarship grant from the Portuguese Society of Hand Surgery, following 1st Prize Paper on the Annual Congress
-For a more complete list of recent activities: click here!