– For a more complete list of recent activities: click here!
– Member no. 1191 of the Portuguese Orthopaedics and Traumatology Society (SPOT).
– Voter of the Shoulder and Elbow Section of the Portuguese Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (SPOT) since 2006 and Board member (http://www.spot.pt/faq.asp?faq_tipo=1) for the 2007-08 (organizer and host of the 2007 Annual Congress in Porto), 2013-14 and 2015-16 periods, with Drs. Pedro Pimentão (Hospital dos Lusíadas, Lisboa, coordinator) and Nuno Moura (Hospital CUF Descobertas, Lisboa).
– Member no. 254 of the Portuguese Association of Arthroscopy and Sport Traumatology (SPAT). (http://www.spat.pt/).
– European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC) Associate Member (http://www.secec.org/) since 2006.
– Member no. 2315 of the European Society of Sports Traumatology, Knee Surgery and Arthroscopy (http://www.esska.org/en/) since 2008 and of its section ESA (European Shoulder Associates).
– Member no. 64442 of the International Society of Arthroscopy, Knee Surgery & Orthopaedic Sports Medicine (http://www.isakos.com/) since 2008.
– Board Member of the ESSKA – ESA (European Shoulder Associates) since 2016 as chairman of the Scientific Committee.
– Multiple participations in National and International Congresses and Courses (particularly in the field of shoulder and elbow): free papers, posters, videos, invited guest, round tables’ moderator, scientific and organizing committees and live surgeries.
– Faculty National for the AO Trauma Courses for the Shoulder and Elbow since 2009.
– Abstract Reviewer for the EFORT Congresses in the field “shoulder and elbow”.
– Reviewer of scientific publications: Revista Portuguesa de Ortopedia e Traumatologia; Journal of Shoulder and Elbow Surgery; British Medical Journal Open; KSSTA; Journal of Experimental Orthopaedics.
– Frequent participation as Faculty at Shoulder Arthroscopy and Arthroplasty Cadaver Courses, in Portugal and abroad. Recently, among others, at the Erasmus MC in Rotterdam (6 times in 2013, Programma Sports Medicine Shoulder) and in Chengdu, China (Institut Franco Chinois d’Enseignement des Arts du Soin).
– Several scientific articles (Revista Portuguesa de Ortopedia e Traumatologia; Arthroscopy Journal; Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology and Arthroscopy Journal; Revue de Chirurgie Orthopédique et Traumatologique;); EFORT Open reviews.
– Colaboration in books and other publications: Les instabilités de l’épaule. GEEC – SOFCOT, Sauramps Médical 2007; O Ombro. SPOT, Lidel 2009. Treino Científico Jan/Fev 2013; Traumatologia Desportiva, Lidel 2014; Injuries and Health Problems in Football, Springer 2017.
– 5 colour booklets for nationwide distribution to patients on shoulder pathologies: rotator cuff, shoulder instability, humeral neck fractures, shoulder prosthesis, shoulder arthroscopy. Available on printed and online (www.spot.pt/faq.asp?faq_tipo=1) versions, under patronage of the Shoulder and Elbow Section of SPOT and Merck®.
– Colaboration in publications: Treino Científico Jan/Feb 2013.